A two-story brick house located at 3001 Belmont Boulevard was purchased from the Noel estate on May 10, 1937. The Rev. Joseph E. Leppert was assigned to the newly created parish in the spring of 1937, and he was officially installed as pastor following the celebration of the first Mass in the temporary chapel at the residence on July 25, 1937.
This brick house served as the chapel, school, parish house, recreation hall, and community center until the new school was opened September 3, 1946, with Sister Sebastian Martin, R.S.M. serving as the first Principal. With the completion of the new school building, the house was renovated and used as the residence for the pastor. In January of 1955, the gymnasium and junior high wings of the school were opened.
In 2000, new construction and renovations that began on the school in 1998 were complete. The transformation included a new state-of-the-art science lab, spacious parish hall, renovated classrooms, new parish and school libraries, band room, and meeting rooms for the use of both the school and parish communities. A new area for the playground was created in 2004 through parental and parish support. In fall 2006, CKS added a collaborative pre-K for 4 and 5 year-olds with St. Ann School and St. Mary Child Development Center.
During the summer of 2010, construction on a multi-purpose athletic facility, a new junior high wing, and additional classrooms was begun. The elementary wing was reconfigured to bring pre-K onto campus, move the primary classes closer together, and to give the Spanish classroom a permanent home. In August 2011, the new state-of-the-art gym, stage, junior high wing, and additional classrooms including music, art and math were ready for the fall classes of 2011-2012.